How to Choose a Graphic Design Firm
Here are a few things to consider when choosing a design firm
- Will they provide references? In their portfolio, do they show more than one item for a particular client? Companies don’t do repeat business unless they are happy with the design work.
- How long have they been in business? Will they be around for the next design project? Can you get a copy of your files in case you’ve lost yours?
- Can you view samples of their work?
- Are they designing from a template or creating the design from scratch? If you’re paying for custom work make sure you’re getting it.
- Is the company a true design firm or just a printer doing design on the side to get the printing?
- Be careful of lowball quotes. Good design takes time and good designers get paid for their work. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is!